Mission & Vision
Delivering to the stone sector the skills that guarantee high-performing solutions.
– Provide the market with technological tools and management instruments that are meaningful to attain strategic objectives that aim to obtain sustained and efficient development.
– Commit ourselves in the contribution to increase market technical knowledge, incorporating as much as possible our services and products on activities that allow to boost the implementation of Research and Technological Development.
Intelligent stone technologies enabling the production and application of eco-efficient and multifunctional products
We aim to:
– Become forerunners in the implementation of the first intelligent technology that optimizes all transformation processes employed on stone and related materials;
– Lead the valorisation of natural stone introducing into the market multifunctional products (thermal, acoustics, strength, …);
– Capable of using innovative characterisation and selection methodologies performing engineering projects using stone (and related materials) delivering safe and durable applications;
– Be the most competent in the implementation of management systems that assure perceptible add-value through skills related to quality, environment, safety and innovation.
frontwave becomes an IST spin-off
training certification system approved by public authorities
r&d unit grows up in Borba
iso 9001 quality system certification
international recognition (contracts @ European level)
new business orientation and organization
laboratory facilities specially designed for stone markets
integrated facilities @ Sintra
new products on stone market (PRESSTONE & LeanMachine)
Our solutions result from a multidisciplinary team of engineers and project designers with large experience in stone product development and industrial implementation. Using a flexible organization, the management team supports its business strategy combining the empowerment culture of its team with a total quality assurance system.
Chief Technical Officer
Adriano leads the Technologies business unit @ FrontWave. With a vivid spirit that links technical demanding and industrial usefulness with organisation and commitment, he has become the reference to follow for the main activities currently in practice within this unit.
Adriano holds a Master in Materials Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico, where he established significant advances in the current state-of-the-art related with process optimisation in stone manufacturing.
Electrotechnical Engineer / Automation
Nuno integrated FrontWave in 2013. Nuno specializes in electrical installations, automation and control and vision systems. Prior to FrontWave Nuno worked several years in the field of automation, scheduling and control, having been associated with some research projects with industrial impact.
Nuno holds a degree (post-Bologna) in Electrical Engineering from the Polytechnic Institute of Leiria.
Carlos is one of the senior engineers on FrontWave’s team. He is recognised by being thorough when dealing with materials testing & characterisation and highly intuitive within his main field of knowledge – diamond tool design and performance evaluation.
Carlos holds a Master in Materials Engineering from Instituto Superior Técnico, where he pointed out for the first time the main relations between tool behaviour and intrinsic characteristics of its components.
André integrates FrontWave’s fw-laboratory team since 2011. He has received a 12-month intensive training for dealing with the great majority of the testing methodologies implemented in the company.
André has a high education degree that supports also skills related with IT support.